The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, November 23, 2015

Faith and Obedience



This week was great! We had Zone Conference here in Minot with President Hess. We learned a lot about making and setting goals which was really nice because my goals were lacking so some guidance was good:) But what I learned most was about Faith and Obedience. We learned about how our obedience shows our faith. I was a little bothered because I was getting the impression that if I wasn't being exactly obedient all of the time then that must mean that I don't have faith.
Later when we were on exchanges I was with Sister Clark. I asked her what she thinks the smallest act of faith is that would even make a difference. She opened up the Alma 32:27 where we learn that even having a desire to believe is having faith. and once we act on that desire we begin the exercise that faith until we can give place for a portion of his words, or we gain our own testimony! Thinking I was satisfied with the answer I forgot about it all.
Last night when we were at dinner I was sharing what sister Clark had taught me and realized that I still had more to learn. I was taught that the desire isn't enough to change us, but that God does acknowledge our desire. I became very grateful for the acknowledgment that he has for us and what we can become through our desires. I know that we cant change without our own actions because that would take away our agency. But I love that He notices our desires and then gives us the drive to change ourselves that we might become more faithful on our own.
I know that was kind of a stretch but that is what I learned today and if I could go on about it for hours I would...

We got to teach Aimee this week about Family History! I loved it she gets way excited about things like that! and she is bound and determined to find 10 names to take to the temple for after she is baptized. The amazing part is that she has to add her entire family onto Family Tree before she can request ordinances and she is even excited about all of that:) She has such a special testimony! I have learned so much from her:)

Godwin also got baptized this week! He was in my old Minot area and It was incredible to be here to see him finally get the opportunity to be baptized:) It was great! Such a strong testimony was added to our church and I am grateful for it:)

We got to teach The creation in Gospel Principles yesterday and it made me actually stop and think about all that God has given us and how we have so much to be grateful for! I am grateful I had that opportunity to learn so much while preparing the lesson and also to learn from the members while we talked. I love that He loved us enough to put detail into our world to ensure that we could ALL have joy here:)

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and use the time we have to be grateful not only to one another to our God. We are blessed beyond belief:) I love you all and hope that you are all doing well:)



--
Sister Taylor Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment