The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, July 13, 2015

LOOK TO GOD AND LIVE!

Hello:)

This week was great! I finally got to meet most of the investigators that we have out here in Minot (my-not). We met a man who is on date for baptism. His name is Godwin, We taught him about the word of wisdom. I loved it because we read over it and before we even talked about why we should not drink coffee, he said "I love my coffee." but without hesitation he said that it is a new goal to stop. I loved that we didnt even have to explain blessing or anything to him, we just said 'Okay'. 
We also taught a less active who is named Damien. We were teaching him about the restoration. it was a good lesson and at the end, I just started to tell him about how I didnt always know that the Book of Mormon was true, it was just a book full of stories. then the spirit like attacked me, ahah  so i just kept telling him about when i knew that it was true. Once i finished saying what the Book of Mormon meant to me and that it was my reason, not Sister Cleggs reason, or my Mom's reason. That the Book of Mormon will never mean anything to you unless you want it to. Our testimonies are OURS for a reason. It was so cool to just have something that i could share that wasnt out of a book or manual. that even just my own experiences were something that God can use to touch someone else. I love that we can be ourselves and teach at the same time, we we dont have to be robots;)

This week was also Extremely hot. Our Apartment is like burning up, often times it will be cooler outside than in our apartment...but that is okay..i just hope that our swamp cooler decides to start working again.



I Love hearing all of the good news from home! i hope that news will continue :)

We have shared this video a few times this week. you cannot watch this video and not feel something. It is amazing! Think about all you can do because of Him:)


I love you all! I hope you all have amazing weeks and search out those who need you love and testimonies:) 


--
Sister Taylor Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment