The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, August 10, 2015

I am still to Green to do that right?



Hello! 

Well, It is now Transfer Two! We are still in Minot and we are excited to have a few more weeks to work with the wonderful people here in this City. We Know that Rosalind will most likely be moving and we are sad about that because she is such a sweet lady. I have grown to love her so much and  I am excited to meet with her a few more times until she goes away to Montana. The rest of our investigators are out of town. 

We Had SO MANY meetings this week and although it get old to sit in meeting all day, I am grateful for the chance to BE taught rather than TO TEACH. We are learning a lot in our district and I am grateful for all of their example to me. Sister Clegg is actually the new Sister Training Leader for this Transfer so today she will go to a meeting in Bismarck with the Zone Leaders. That means, that I will be the " Senior Companion" in a trio for today and tomorrow...That is crazy. I am still to Green to do that right? 

This last week we decided to Referral Tract rather than just normal tracting. It was pretty amusing. People give  you funny responses when you ask if they know anyone else who would like to talk to us rather than us trying to talk to them as an individual. I think that they act weird because they are jealous that I don't ask them about if they want to learn about it. But yeah, that was probably my highlight this week. We had s'mores before that tracting session so...I was happier than usual:) 

Well I learned this week about the importance of the Book of Mormon. that by knowing that the Book of Mormon is true than everything else we teach must be true. Sister Clegg and  I talked about how our religion relies too much faith to be false. If our church was not true it would have crumbled years ago. I loved a quote by Elder Jeffery R. Holland:
" No wicked man could write a book like this, and no good man would. Unless it were true, and he was commanded by God to do so." 

Unfortunately, I am beginning to grow attached to Minot. I never thought I could like somewhere like this. 

well I love and miss you all!! Keep up the good work at home:) I appreciate all the love and letters! 

Love, Sister A 
---2 months down.....whose counting:) 

--
Sister Taylor Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment