The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Meeting Sister Jarvies (Jar-Vis)



Hey All:) 

Well as planned, This last week I got my new companion Sister Jarvies straight out of the Provo MTC. She is an amazing missionary. She has a great desire to be out here and to do all the work that she can, some people call this greenie fire, but she is full of it. I am very grateful for her and her willingness because we are also opening up a new-ish area in the Minot 2nd ward. It would be impossible for us to do this without the hard work of each of us and in that regard I have been greatly blessed with Sister Jarvies. She is from the San Lewis Valley in Colorado. She is the first to serve a mission in her family and has 3 brothers and 2 Sisters at home, she the the 2nd oldest, and setting a great example for her family. She has a super strong testimony and we have so much fun laughing and working together:) 

As for our new area. we now live at a new address:
3100 14th St. SW #17
Minot, ND 58701 

We have amazing members who have already taken us under their wing. We were able to meet a few families when they invited us over for dinner, and I am very super excited to get to know them all. I know that I will love this ward and I plan on putting off leaving Minot for the time being. You never really know what happens at transfers but I probably only have 2 transfers left in Minot. So we will see:) Thankfully that is far away:) 

Our first lesson together was with an investigator named Daniel Alba. He was awesome! About half way through our lesson I had to ask him if he was already on date to be baptized because He seemed like He should have been getting baptized this weekend. He said that he wasn't on date, but he wants to get baptized...so  I guess that is one way to put someone on date;) Sad day though, he will be moving to the Elders Areas so we will have to hand him off at the end of the month:) 

Two Baptisms this weekend!:) Brother Steven Roskelley from my old ward was finally baptized and I was able to attend. This was something that He has been working toward for a long time:) I was amazing to be able to be there and feel of his spirit and watch their family take this new step:) 
The other baptism was also someone who has waited for a long time. Shane from the Rugby branch was baptized last night. He has waited 6 years to be baptized. He was glowing with happiness after the meeting and I felt so privileged to be in the presence of one of God's Strongest Children. His confirmation blessing what the most real blessings I have ever heard. Its amazing how we can feel and know someones spirit without even knowing them. He is an amazing person and will do amazing things:) 

This week was so good and I Hope that all is well with you and your families:) I love you all:) Have an amazing week:) 


-- Pictures: 
Roskelley Family
Sister Jarvies
Sunset in Minot 
Minot Zone Leadership for last Transfer (Bye Elder Child) 




No comments:

Post a Comment