The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Training???!?!?!



Hello Family and Friends

Good News, I am staying in Minot for this next transfer
Bad News, I have to say bye to all the members and investigators
Unsure News, I am training a new missionary and opening (kind of) another area in Minot. 

This past week has been great! We got Mackenzie on Date for October 17th and She is doing so well! She comes to church all by herself...which is super impressive for an investigator...She just has no idea how ready she is! The Lesson what super cool! The spirit was so strong and we talked about a lot of really awesome things. Near the end I was like unsure about what to say so I just decided to say what Taylor would say. So, I Said 
"Let's just be real okay? Sister Clegg will stop me if I start to get out of hand...." and I basically told her that This is the True Church and that there is no way that We would come and give up everyting to teach her something that isn't real. We told her that we have prayed and Know for a fact that she will receive and answer to be baptized by October 17th if she is looking for one. She agreed to that day and then said 
"I don't really know, I just get this jump in my heart sometimes when I talk or think about stuff like this, So that just happened when you said October 17th....so Ill say yes." 
Sister Clegg and I were just like That is the Holy Ghost!!!! It as awesome!!:) 
We asked her to say the closing prayer and she did, it was amazing. there is no other words to describe it. I wish her the best and I know that Sister Clegg will take care of her. 

I just want to end by sharing what I know to be true. 

I know that we as natural men, will make mistakes. I know that we all have sinned and that we all will again. But, I want each of you to know, that We don't have to be defined by our mistakes or past transgressions. Jesus Christ and His Atonement take away every scar and mark. Through Him we can and will be perfectly Whole again. Let Him take away the things that are keeping you from reaching your full potential as a son or daughter of God. Nothing will make you happier:) I promise:) 

Love, Tay (Sister A) 

--
Sister Taylor Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment