The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, October 19, 2015

The Gift of Tongues and Humanitarian



This week was MLC for the leadership of the mission! and because I am serving in Bismarck area where they all meet!  I got the opportunity to meet a few more missionaries and we got to have Sister  Clark come and stay with us for a couple days. As a result of this meeting Sister Anderson got to go to the Temple by invitation. While we had Sister Clark we were able to split up because there were 4 of us, and Sister Jarvies and Clark met a few Potentials. We went back a few days later to try one potential and ran into a guy named Paul. Paul goes to a Protestant Church here in Bismarck and we had a lesson with him. He was trying to convert us and get us to come to his church. When Sister Anderson opened with a prayer Paul treated us with his "gift of tongues" and then spent the next 15 minutes reading random verses from the bible about the gift of tongues. I eventually told him that we believe in the gift of tongues, and sister Anderson explained the gift of tongues and He just smiled and then said "i am so glad you ladies came around today. You have strengthened my faith in my church..." haha So We just went for it, Sister Jarvies whips out her Scriptures and a Book of Mormon. We start Testifying and it was going great until he asked about the Trinity. Then I testified of the Godhead and How they are separate beings and again he just said " thank you for coming around ladies- you have truly increased my desire to go to my church." Ha so we took his card and made a deal that If he came to our church we would go to his. Which I am a little nervous about....they like to Speak in Tongues... So That will be fun! I hope we can actually teach Paul a little bit:) 

We got to go out to New Salem This week! We got to meet Salem Sue the worlds largest cow! It was awesome!  I have been converted to living in cute small towns...So like... Maybe coming back to New Salem for a while isn't such a bad idea....(hint...to those whom it may concern) 

We were able to help out with a Humanitarian project this week as well. The church was giving away free clothes and shoes for the winter! It was such a humbling experience! I loved being involved with that! We got to count their items and also give out hygiene kits and blankets. It was so interesting to me to see how those who needed it the most were the ones who barely took anything... I was able to see so many amazing people there:) on the other hand I think the highest number of clothes that I counted were 115 infant clothes:) wow... right? that's a lot! 

Something amazing that I learned this week was that Christ really is there in the Good times and in the Bad times. There is a family here in Bismarck whose daughter passed away this last week. It was a terrible and tragic situation. Being able to see that family before and after the death was incredible. They are truly reliant on their Savior Jesus Christ. I go out and preach about how Christ will be there with you in the hard times all day. But it was amazing to see and feel that to build my testimony! I know that Christ is with that Family and In their homes. You can know that by the fact that when they mourn, it is a mourning of hope, not of hopelessness. Unlike the Devil, Christ will be there in every good and bad moments. Having a Home centered on Christ and His gospel is what keeps that family going- I would hope that we will prepare our families for hard times that might come unexpectedly by having our homes Centered on the most Sure foundation we have. Jesus Christ. 
Heaven is often described as a family sitting at the dinner table laughing together. We can have that now- we don't have to wait for the post-mortal life to have heaven within our families. We can do that now. I want nothing more than so sit at the table with my whole family, and be happy! :) 

My Ponderizing Scripture: 
Duet 8:3 

And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live. " 

Love you all:) have a great week! I cant wait to hear all about the awesome Halloween costumes Ya'll are putting together;) 
--
Sister Taylor Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment