The Call to Serve

April 21,2015

Dear Sister Andrus:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the South Dakota Rapid City Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.

Monday, October 26, 2015

Transfers Back To Minot



Well, I get to go back to Minot this week:):) I am so happy! I miss my greenie area:) Sister Jarvies and I will be going back this week and we have so many great ideas and plans for the area!  We can't wait to start implementing them up there! 
The weather has been dropping a lot and we are down to the 30's at night now, but from what I have heard- that is pretty warm so I will be mentally preparing myself for winter seems how I already feel like an ice cube. :P  

This week Sister Jarvies treated usto so many fun moments. First she was changing the toilet paper roll and accidentally shot the roll bar that hold the toilet paper, down the toilet and clogged it.. Apparently all of our plunging pushed the bar through the neck of the pipe and jammed it in real good. Haha sister missionaries are so great. But anyways we have brand new toilet. the best part was hearing Sister Jarvies in the Bathroom when it happened. 
"OH!"
"oh no....ahhh!!!!" 
"....oh no...."  hahah and then it was gone. 

This week we had lots of good experiences with our investigators and our Less actives. We taught Cy the word of wisdom and he didn't understand why he cant have coffee. He was quite bothered by it and I got the chance to share one of my own personal experiences about how justifying even the smallest commandments like coffee leads us to justifying them all eventually. I shared how the reason that we don't need to have a reason to follow every commandment is because they all are important whether we know it or not. I know now that I can trust my Heavenly Father and when he says that I shouldn't drink coffee then I wont. After I talked about it, He said 
"That's right! You don't have to have a reason to follow what God says" 
Then he stopped and said " I guess I will ask God about coffee and find out for myself..." It was so good to see him understand that and start to realize that this is all about actually changing ourselves. We as Christs followers actually do the changing, we don't just talk about it all the time. 

We Got to meet with the Turpin's this week. It was so good. we were able to help Brother Dennis Turpin understand the times that he had felt the spirit before. Once we got him to realize that he started to open up a little and a littler more. I know that that lesson and moment was key for him. that He needs to know that he was baptized for more than just peer pressure so many years ago. He says that he has no testimony, but I think that He does, Its just buried under a whole bunch of stuff that he has held onto for so long. I really wish I could see what happens next but I trust that God will watch over them.

I have loved working in Mandan! I am Excited to learn more!:) Thank you all for support and Keep up the work of the Lord:) 

Love Tay

--
Sister Taylor Andrus


No comments:

Post a Comment